Let me start by saying thank you to the GIACC for allowing me to add this column to the monthly newsletter. Our city is busy and a strong connection between City Hall and our Chamber is vital to that growth.
For those of you who might not know me, let me give some background. I started as City Administrator on November 30th, 2020. For nearly two decades my professional life has been in public service. Most recently I served as the Director of Recreation for the City of Mauldin over in Greenville County. I have had the opportunity to direct several areas, some of which were event management, drafting of budgets, overseeing a staff of 50+ staff, fleet services, and recreation programming. My wife Margaret is a 2nd-grade teacher. We have two fantastic children; Elise is a Junior at the South Carolina Governor’s School for Science and Math and Ben is an 8th grader at the Charles Townes Center. If I can ever be a help to any Chamber members, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Below are some of the wonderful endeavors happening in Inman:
- Downtown Master Plan is DONE!- Please visit www.cityofinman.org (about halfway down the page)
- Committees will begin to form to put this plan in action in the Summer.
- New Restaurants
- The Crepe Factory is moving into 12 South Main St.
- Inman Roadhouse is moving into 10 South Main St.
- We had 43 new home permits issued in March.
- That brings our yearly total to over 100. In 2020 we had 50 new homes.
864-472-6200 x25 Office