From the Desk of City Administrator Joe Lanahan
I have now seen Harvest Day. What a great day for our residents, business owners, and community partners. Harvest Day is the tradition that our downtown can use to attract new business and new visitors. It will be exciting to see our 40-year celebration of connection and respect for our history grow as our downtown becomes a destination in the Upstate.
The fall event schedule continues to develop. Please see a list of events remaining for the rest of 2021:
- Autowerks SC Car-toberfest will be on Saturday, October 9th. The inaugural event is all about celebrating Cars, Beer, and the lovely city of Inman, South Carolina. We will have S Main Street in downtown Inman blocked off. This area will be reserved for anyone who signs up their vehicle for the show. All types of vehicles are welcome. Starting at 5:00 pm, we’ll have a Biergarten, food trucks, and live entertainment. The event is open and free to the public. There will be free parking for the public outside of the show. This event would not be possible without the City of Inman. Each registered car is only $30 and will have a designated parking spot. *BONUS* The first 250 vehicles that sign up will receive a limited edition Car-toberfest t-shirt. To register a car please call 864-310-4995.
- Market on Mill (NEW EVENT) will be on October 17th & November 21st. Local business owners Tia Alford (Homerun Nutrition) and Gracie Bohon (Gracie’s Boutique) are spearheading the effort. This Sunday afternoon (12 Noon – 4 pm) event on Mill Street will feature local craft vendors, farmers, kids’ activities, and food trucks.
- Boo on Mill will return on October 30th. This family event will feature mechanical rides and booths from over 75 local businesses and partners for the kids to visit. The fun is 6-9 pm, please encourage the little ones to dress up, we will have a costume contest.
- Good News in the Park (NEW EVENT) will be 5-9 pm Oct 28th at Mathis Park. This concert will host both local and regional singing groups featuring Gospel music. 2-R-More Gospel Music Ministries is the organizer.
- Shop Small, Tailgate Big (NEW EVENT) will be on November 27th on Mill St. Amanda Blackwell is directing this event that will have local boutiques and craft vendors. The goal is for holiday shoppers to come and purchase locally sourced goods and enjoy the annual Clemson/USC game.
- Movie in the Park is on December 18th @ Mathis Park. We will feature a holiday movie. Stay tuned to our Facebook page to help us pick the movie. Snacks, free popcorn, and smores will be available. Dress warm and come join us.
City Hall continues to see tremendous activity in the area of new house permits, business licenses, and inquiries about available commercial property. If you are aware of any commercial property that is up for either sale or lease, please let City Hall know. We are always excited to connect buyers and sellers. Currently, the inventory of open storefronts is approximately eight, it changes each week!